BARILOCHE / EL CALAFATE – April 1–13, 2019.
This incredible Overland Trip is designed for enthusiast landscape/nature photographers that are looking for a unique and adventurous Photography Tour Experience in Patagonia guided by local knowledge and passion for the region, while sharing and improving their photographic skills to guarantee the best opportunity to capture that ‘epic’ scene.
The Ruta 40 (National Route 40) is the backbone of this spectacular region and we begin the traverse of this immense road network in San Carlos de Bariloche, nestled in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, and the heart of the Patagonian Lake District. This vast mountainous region is landed with uncountable lakes, crystal clear rivers and matted with a dense evergreen forest.
Our overland adventure will take us over endless plains where the views are simply lost on the horizon. This is an area chosen by the original pre-Hispanic settlers to leave their trace in beautiful cave-art. Today it’s solitary inhabitants live surrounded by nature’s harshest elements.
On our way, our Tour Leader will explain you about the history and nature of the area and our Photography Leader will guide the group right in front of the most impressive landscapes of Patagonia. Every afternoon we get together to wrap up and prepare for what’s next!
A wide range of landscapes, some unknown to the photographic community, with mountains, forest, steppe-like planes, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, glaciers and the amazing Patagonian skies will be there for us to be frozen forever with our cameras. This Photography Tour is held at the best time of the year when autumn gives us unique light and colours.
OVERVIEW OF ITINERARY
Starting at San Carlos de Bariloche / Finishing at El Calafate.
- April 1st: Arrival at San Carlos de Bariloche.
- April 2nd: Bariloche.
- April 3rd: Bariloche / Piedra Parada.
- April 4th: Piedra Parada.
- April 5th: Piedra Parada / Perito Moreno Town.
- April 6th: Perito Moreno Town / Cueva de las Manos / Bajo Caracoles.
- April 7th: Bajo Caracoles / El Chaltén.
- April 8th: El Chaltén – Hike & Photo Day 1. Base Camp – Fitz Roy Mountain.
- April 9th: El Chaltén – Hike & Photo Day 2. Base Camp – Fitz Roy Mountain.
- April 10th: El Chaltén – Hike & Photo Day 3. Base Camp – Cerro Torre Mountain.
- April 11th: El Chaltén / El Calafate – Hike & Photo Day 4.
- April 12th: El Calafate (Perito Moreno Glacier)
- April 13th: El Calafate – Airport/departure to Buenos Aires.